- Bekir S. Ciftler, M. Abdallah, “Angle of Incidence Optimization of VLC APs in Hybrid Networks using DDPG-based Techniques” in preparation for IEEE Internet of Things Journal, (To be submitted in Dec. 2020)
- M. J. Shehab, T. Khattab, Bekir S. Ciftler, M. Abdallah, “DRL-based Phase Control of Intelligent Reflecting Surfaces for NOMA Systems” in preparation for an IEEE Journal or Transaction, (To be submitted in Dec. 2020)
- Bekir S. Ciftler, M. Abdallah, A. Alwarafy, M. Hamdi, “Multiagent DDPG-Based Power Control for Hybrid RF/VLC Networks”, in review for IEEE Transactions of Communications, (Submitted in Nov. 2020)
- Bekir S. Ciftler, S. Dikmese, I. Guvenc, K. Akkaya, and A. Kadri, “Occupancy Counting with Burst and Intermittent Signals in Smart Buildings”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Sep. 2017.
- Bekir S. Ciftler, A. Kadri, I. Guvenc, “IoT Localization for Bistatic Passive UHF RFID Systems with 3D Radiation Pattern”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Apr. 2017.
- H.U. Yildiz, Bekir S. Ciftler, B. Tavli, K. Bicakci, and D. Incebacak, The Impact of Incomplete Secure Connectivity on the Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Systems Journal, vol. PP, no. 99, pp. 1-5, February 2016.
- Bekir S. Ciftler, M. Abdallah, A. Alwarafy, M. Hamdi, “DQN-Based Multi-User Power Allocation for Hybrid RF/VLC Networks” in review for IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) 2021 : Optical Networks and Systems Symposium (Submitted on Oct. 2020)
- N. Al-Marri, Bekir S. Ciftler, and M. Abdallah, “Federated Mimic Learning for Privacy Preserving Intrusion Detection”, in Proc. of IEEE International Black Sea Conferenceon Communications and Networking, BlackSeaCom 2020, May 2020.
- Bekir S. Ciftler, A. Albaseer, N. Lasla, M. Abdallah, “Federated Learning for Localization: A Privacy-Preserving Crowdsourcing Method”, in Proc. of Next Generation Systems and Networks Symposium-IWCMC 2020, June 2020.
- A. Albaseer, Bekir S. Ciftler, M. Abdallah, A. Al-Fuqaha, “Exploiting Unlabeled Data in Smart Cities using Federated Learning”, in Proc. of IWCMC 2020 Smart Citiesand Connected Communities (IWCMC 2020 Smart City), June 2020.
- A. Albaseer, Bekir S. Ciftler, M. Abdallah, “Performance Evaluation of Physical Attacks Against E2E Autoencoder over Rayleigh Fading Channel”, in review, submitted to IEEE ICIoT, Doha, Qatar, 2020.
- E. Vattapparamban, Bekir S. Ciftler, I. Guvenc, K. Akkaya, A. Kadri, “Indoor Occupancy Tracking in Smart Buildings Using Passive Sniffing of Probe Requests”, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Commun. Workshops, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016.
- P. Armengol, R. Tobkes, K.Akkaya, Bekir S. Ciftler, and I. Guvenc, “Efficient Privacy-Preserving Fingerprint-based Indoor Localization using Crowdsourcing”, in Proc. IEEE Workshop for REU Research in Networking and Systems (REUNS, co-located with IEEE MASS), Dallas, TX, Oct. 2015.
- Bekir S. Ciftler, A. Kadri, and I. Guvenc, “Experimental Performance Evaluation of Passive UHF RFID Systems under Interference”, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. RFID Technology and Applications (RFID-TA), Tokyo, Japan, Sept. 2015.
- Bekir S. Ciftler, A. Kadri, and I. Guvenc, “Fundamental Bounds on RSS-Based Wireless Localization in Passive UHF RFID Systems”, in Proc. IEEE Wireless Commun. Networking Conf. (WCNC), Mar. 2015, New Orleans, LA.
- K. Vasudeva, Bekir S. Ciftler, A. Altamar, and I. Guvenc, “An Experimental Study on RSS-Based Wireless Localization with Software Defined Radio”, in Proc. IEEE Wireless and Microwave Conf. (WAMICON), Tampa, FL, June 2014.